Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Good Bye 2014 & Hello 2015

warriorpoetblog.com
For the 2014 year, I selected #bebrave as my one word. In fact, I was re-reading my post from December 30, 2013 and I am very proud of how hard I worked to #bebrave in situations which ordinarily I would have stepped back and let someone else do it. Stepping out of my comfort zone is the only way I can continue to move forward.

I could just keep this one word for 2015.

I will, in my heart and mind, but I am ready for a new word and my new word is:

#NORTHSTAR.

wpclipart.com

It was the #northstar that led the slaves away from their plantations as they followed the drinking gourd on their way past the Mason-Dixon Line and for many up to Canada to find freedom.

It was the #northstar that helped those who would sail the seven seas find their way in the night. It was a stable ever fixed point in the sky.

Stars are meant to be the lampposts of the sky guiding and leading us. Indeed, it was an unusual star that lead the Three Kings who many believe to be astronomers to find the Town of David where Baby Jesus was born.
Here in my quaint little country town, the big city lights are so far away. The twinkling stars as they seem flicker due to the atmospheric pressures never really twinkle. They are always shining. Always bright. Always leading.

Polaris. North Star.

galaticimages.com
So, lead me on #NorthStar, for I am aware of the three bandits that will try to take me away from my true purpose: Activities, People and Materialism. I will put on blinders like the horses who carry the buggies up and down the road or plow the fields need to wear so that they are not distracted from their one true purpose. Focusing intently on my #NorthStar will help me know what things, people or situations to pick up and what things to put down and to rid myself of things that do not matter.

My one true purpose is to Love God, Love People and Serve the World and to love people and use things, not love things and use people. I can do this with my family, with my profession, with my responsibilities. This is all that matters. This is part of being a legacy leaver.

www.fablevision.com
I wait for you 2015 and whatever you will bring through the laughter and the tears as I follow my #NorthStar but never let me forget to seek the following which is the gift I am giving myself this coming year:


  • Important chances
  • Big dreams
  • Direction
  • Discernment
  • Peace
  • Joy
  • Love
  • Hope



 (I know that #bebrave and #northstar are really two words...but not when I use a #!)