Saturday, December 20, 2014

Thoughts As I Close Out This Year

Doug Thomas
To be made in the image of our Creator is in my opinion the foremost reason I can have internally to be a maker. We were created to be makers, tinkerers and inventors. We are made to have an imagination that runs wild with possibilities.

When we take the time to tinker, to make, to invent...to destruct and to construct it is that moment where we are alive and living out loud.

Some people think that in education, this is simply a waste of time. Maker spaces should be void of classrooms and chairs should be lined up in rows of neatness.

I look at the room around me in what I have called Learning Studio 222 and we have accomplished a great deal this year, but it is taking time to undo what they thought school was...and taking a chance to believe in learning again for the love of learning.

Making. 
Creating. 
Messing. 
Problem solving. 
Tinkering.
Inventing.


Failing and starting over again with a new plan and a new way to see things is the best idea I have for what learning really is.

I can't wait to see what else this class wants to do!

Love, Ms. H.

"We all derive from the same source. there is no mystery about the origin of things. We are all part of creation, all kings, all poets, all musicians; we have only to open up, only to discover what is already there.”



― Henry Miller